Uncharted RPG
[P] they wrote ME off like a heel - Printable Version

+- Uncharted RPG (https://unchartedrpg.com)
+-- Forum: Explore (https://unchartedrpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Wyndroth Woods (https://unchartedrpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=48)
+---- Forum: The Atir (https://unchartedrpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+---- Thread: [P] they wrote ME off like a heel (/showthread.php?tid=689)

they wrote ME off like a heel - Ajattara - 02-28-2021

like an old enemy
like the salt and the sea

The day had been long and Ajattara was exhausted from the travels that she had made. She had navigated through the meadows towards the north. There were woods there, darker places to contemplate her origins and how she ended up here. The fallen warrior trudged through the meadows with their blooms of whites, and kept her focus singly on the trees. It was less open and potentially protected. The wings at her side held comfortably, though they were essentially useless. The lack of depth perception was a new impediment for her and made flying dangerous. Instead her wings were now simply tools to make herself look bigger, to protect her body from the sharpness of the physical world.

Once the shadows fell over her form she felt safer and her mind quieter. Her singular golden eye watched silently before she crept deeper into the woods. The tall trees were silent guardians for the mare, and only the small shifts in the breezes caused creaking. The birds sang sweetly--and why shouldn't they? Spring was a time for rebirth they said. Ajattara used to believe that. She had laughed at the antics of the newborn foals prancing at their mother's side on spindly legs. Her sister used to tease her that one day they too would be fat and lazy while they birthed the next generation, regalling them with stories of their own glory days. Yet, now there would be no next generation. Now her entire lands were gone with the fireball of one sorcerer.

Flared nostrils took in the cool breeze that filtered its way through the tree trunks, and brought with it the scent of water. She picked up the pace, trotting while the smell grew stronger. When she reached a ridge, she could clearly see a group of deer drinking at what clearly should be hers alone. A growled erupted from her lips and her pierced nose wrinkled up bearing her mostly normal equid teeth. Of course, there were the elongated wolf teeth that had helped to slain her enemies of her life. She lifted just barely into the air, gliding down off the ridge and while she landed near the mule deer. Her jaws snapped at them, snaking her head out and determined to bite one if they did not get out of her way. She landed a single bite into the rump of the slowest of them, before she stood in the creek. Her mouth had the smallest amount of blood at the corners.

She stood and snorted her appreciation in her own work. She looked down at the water, and her ears pin back as she notice the amount of clay and silt that had been stirred up by her antics. It was then that her nearly blind eye caught the shadow of something much bigger than that of a dear. Her head swiveled around, and her ears pinned to her head as she hissed at them, her feathers puffed out in warning. Ajattara may no longer be an aerial officer, but the fighting instinct still flowed through her veins.

@Raziel

RE: they wrote ME off like a heel - Raziel - 03-15-2021

i'm afraid of
WHAT I HAVE BECOME

⚰︎

He loathed spring, even before his curse. The ground was supple with moisture and lent itself to being unpredictable. Nature was blooming in more sense than one; kits ran the fields, the trees echoed with birdsong, and no matter how far he resceded into the shadows the world remained cramped.

Raziel hated spring.

But here it was.

There was little for him to do at this time of day. Despite some lazy clouds that mossied through the sky, golden rays of sunlight filtered through the canopy of leaves and let piercing shafts of brilliant light illuminate the forest below. After spending seasons in the meadows, he'd at least managed to plot out decent areas of coverage to skulk to in the light of blessed day. At least there he could be left alone, find some solace in the anonymity he possessed living primarily in the shadows and under the watchful eye of the moon.

While it was the preferred plan, it was not without its vices.

Raziel had forced himself to fast for some time now, leaving him jumpy and irritable. The smallest drop of carmine blood sent his nerves twitching, and sweat beaded his brows. He was well aware that if he did not sate the vampire's curse within, he'd have no choice in the matter and his new nature would force his hoof. His nostrils snorted as he shifted under the shadows of a stone outcropping. It was high enough that no matter where the sun decided to hang the edifice the trees around him provided enough coverage until dusk.

And it couldn't come soon enough.

He shifted needlessly, shrugging his cowl and pulling pointlessly at his effects' straps. His muscles twitched and bounced with the need to go, to hunt, but it wasn't the hunting he'd spent his life perfecting. Eyes of hazel and emerald bore into the stone wall of his personal cell, caged by sunlight. Time never seemed to move fast enough. Not now, not ever... There was always a stillness in the thick of the forest. It moved at whatever pace nature dictated, and it was never more than the babble of the river.

Mule deer had found shelter in the blinding sparkle of the waters, lapping and drinking to their heart's content, completely oblivious to the beast lingering near. Raziel offered them a cursory glance before shoving his nose back into the corner. To try and calm the itch beneath his skin he pressed his forehead against the cool, smooth surface of the stone, and put effort into slowing his breathing. Maybe he could lull himself into a doze, and he'd nap until the hours of darkness.

It was a solid desire, but destroyed by the flurry of wings, splash of water, and the metallic stench of blood. Raziel spun around, his own lips peeling back in a feral snarl as his gaze snapped immediately to the injured deer as it chased after its mates. Adrenaline surged through his veins and he had to pause an involuntary lurch after the creature. Though it disappeared into the underbrush, the intoxicating aroma remained. Finally he turned his pointed stare to the river, where a winged equine stood, blood dribbling from its lips, in the shallows. Immediately at the sight of the scarlet trails Raziel's mouth went dry and his brow felt hot. For some years he'd anticipate a vampire, but there would have been no way for the stranger to evade every shaft of sunlight filtering over the river. No... something else?

His audits pinned back into the black sheet of his mane. Regardless of the answer, he wasn't necessarily in a position to do anything about it.

"Speech." | Thoughts | @Ajattara

coding © spoupi | image © deehlia

RE: they wrote ME off like a heel - Ajattara - 03-21-2021

like an old enemy

There was movement against the wall and then silence, only the babbling of the stream that took the folly of her hoarding the water. Feathers slowly smoothed themselves, her ears went from pinned to forward in curiosity. She shifted slowly, and then drank her fill at the river, licking the blood from her lips. It brought back memories of violence and better times only briefly before she cast her golden eye towards the wall and shadows. Her thirst for water was satisfied but her curiosity was not. She hadn't met many of the equid type since her time in the new lands.

Slowly she made her way towards the stone wall where she had caught the movement. She went slowly, stalking and shifting her head back and forth to get the best chance of not being surprised. Her wings were tightly pressed against against her and her head was held low, to make sure that her throat was covered. Who knew what this world held? Was there monsters? Was there predators? There was only way to find out. Ajattara is not one to back down from danger or threats.

As she rounds the corner of the wall, she sees the dark outline of an equine form. She pauses, her wings slightly puffed in the tension that she felt for the moment. Her nostrils flared as she took into his scent but still was not convinced that this stranger was a real horse. There were all sorts of strange plant life. She had even encountered a river of fire down one tunnel here. Perhaps there were specters and then again there was the matter of her nearly blind eye...perhaps it was her own mind causing her to hallucinate the presence of the other equid. A cruel trick from her mind could be feasible. The loss of her part of her senses made previously simple tasks (like flying and fighting) so much harder. Ajattara did not trust her senses anymore, thus needs so much more information.

There was probably a good explanation as to why this horse was hiding in the shadows (if it was a horse) but Ajattara wasn't exactly the type to take time and think before actions. Her head snaked out, her teeth hoping to nip at the shadow-creature if only to prove to herself that he was not an illusion.

RE: they wrote ME off like a heel - Raziel - 03-22-2021

i'm afraid of
WHAT I HAVE BECOME

⚰︎

If it'd been of his choosing, Raziel would have left well enough alone. Already itching with the heat of a hellish curse, the stallion had no desires to engage.

It would, without a doubt, cause him more damage simply being exposed to the environment.

Tucking his face away from the glaring sunlight, he adjusted to shove his visage into the lowest corner, where the air was damp and cool from an eternity of shade. His pale nostrils would widen with deep inhales, and quiver with elongated exhales as he prompted himself to try and relax, stave off the vampiric twitch until the sun dipped behind the horizon, and additionally it kept him quiet and otherwise hidden from the stranger. With the coverage of his cowl and cloak, his emerald and bay hide was all but obscured with dark fabric, leaving just the charcoal of his tail to trail out the back in slender, phantasmal phalanges.

Quiet, cool, collected. Breath.

It was all he had to do, all he needed to focus on, but still, the stranger was drawn near. His emerald eyes peeked around the corner of his drawn cowl as the pegasus inched closer. Whether it was instinct or some sixth sense, she'd snaked her head, concealing her nape from any unseen threats. Clever, considering how dangerously close she drew to a creature rumored to favor necks.

Closer and closer still she drew, and with each of her strides Raziel's temper flickered and his heart pounded. Turn away, he silently pleaded, but just as it went unheard by all she ignored this tempt to sway the divine. Instead, her own fangs unfurled below a seemingly inconspicuous muzzle and nipped into the shadows.

In an immediate response, his hind cocked and shot out as far as it dares, keeping well within the shadows with a warning kick. His own velvets tore back as his head shot up from below his hood, long, ivory fangs exposed to punctuate the threat. It was all he'd spare closer to the edge of light and dark, however, just that single sidestep to affirm someone indeed had taken residence in the shadows. "Leave me," he growled, crevices running deep in his beetled brow.

RE: they wrote ME off like a heel - Ajattara - 03-27-2021

like an old enemy

Ajattara could hear her father's voice chiding her for being so curious. That it would get her into trouble one day. He couldn't of known the consequences of her actions, or the losses she would endure. He knew nothing of the magick's that their enemies had thrust upon them. And yet, Ajattara had discovered and payed the ultimate price for the learning. Her burn scars still emanated the red of the blood beneath them although they were long dry. The white of her burnt cornea got brighter in the random rays of sunlight showing her weakness if the tilt of her head didn't give it away.

Her singular gold eye adjusted to the dark quickly, and a hoof emerges to greet her face like a boot to a bug. Indignant, she squeals and throws her head back to avoid the contact. She was no insect to be squashed so easily. Her wings expand, and her front feet raise up only to stomp the ground as her ears flick forward to catch the two words the shadow creature uttered so darkly. It was only a moment before her eye adjusted again and casted it's gaze over the green and rust creature. Some sort of cloth hid most of his body from her but it had hooves of a horse, and the face of one. The fangs that barely shown in the shadows he was hiding in did not phase her. Her people all had fangs of varying lengths. It was not something all that special.

She snorts and stands just within the shadows before settling her wings by her side. Always one to tempt fate she silently dares him to make good on the command. She just never knew when to quit. "Why should I? I was here first. You are the one hiding for unknown reasons. I demand answers." Perhaps if she knew what he truly was, she would have some small crumb of fear but Ajattara did not make it as far as she did in the King's militia because she was smart enough to feel fear. Her bravery was stupid, borderline suicidal and by sheer luck and her previous skills she had stayed alive.

The half-blind pegasus stood her ground and slowly the pinkish feathers on her wings smoothed themselves and the ears that had been so annoyed only moments ago twitched forward for mere seconds before returning to their seemingly standard position. "Were you stalking me? Hoping to catch me off guard?" Ajattara's paranoia was a new symptom of her pain, but when it seems like the world is full of enemies out to extinguish your very culture and kin--a girl gets a little more cautious. Not a ton...because that would be, well, smart. But a little.

@Raziel

RE: they wrote ME off like a heel - Raziel - 04-21-2021

i'm afraid of
WHAT I HAVE BECOME

⚰︎

A shrill squeal erupted behind him but the frantic clatter of hooves to river stone did not. While the distance she elected for was out of shot, the pegasus had decided that the warning wasn't enough. "Shit..."

Lifting his head as much as he was comfortable in doing so, still wedged below the outcropping of stone and clumped earth, Raziel's eyes flicked across stupidly brave femme who insisted on her investigation. Grotesque scars twisted and turned along one side of her face, encompassing an optic paled with trauma and injury, betraying that her bravado hadn't saved her in past occurrences. With his own audits pinned back as his cowl adjusted around his throat, and a snort erupted from his nostrils. With growing impatience he watched as she tilted her visage just so, giving her golden eye a better vantage. So she was blind, at least partially.

Retorting with the naivete of child, Raziel's optics rolled deep into his skull as he dismissively turned away from her. Here first? And he magically snuck into this hole without her seeing this entire time? Unlikely.

With rising irritation only fueled by his frayed edges, the best plan of action would be ignoring her. Just turn away, let her huff and scoff all she wanted but ultimately pass on. It was what was best for her, after all. Toying with a vampire whose not fed? Foolish was putting it softly. In an effort to correct for her own decisions, he'd be quiet and elect snide approach.

Yet, the accusation of stalking...

Raziel's visage snapped back up (again, high as it could go while hunched below the earth, leaning into the shadows and keeping the golden rays as far away from himself as possible) and his eyes leered. "Why would I stalk you?", he spat, lyrics hot with vexation. He gestured with his muzzle towards his shadowy hovel, "You found me here in the shadows, minding my own business." He could feel the curse inside him inspire salivation, his tongue moist, and his body itching to lunge. Constantine would have been able to defuse the situation, and for once, Raziel quietly hoped he'd been present. His tail lashed and he physically shuffled back into the cool phantasms. His visage lowered again, eyes accusatory as they never left her form, and murmured his frustrations. "I was perfectly happy with you leaving, how's that make me a stalker?"

RE: they wrote ME off like a heel - Ajattara - 05-04-2021

like an old enemy

He did not seem frightened of her and Ajattara was beginning to think that perhaps she was wrong in her assumptions about him. But still his voice was laced with anger and hatred. Her ears prick forward as it was clearly not completely from her taunting antics. Yet Ajattara couldn't leave it alone, a desire to investigate to and to assess the danger. Her feathered wings fluffed and curled around her to protect her chest. It had been awhile since she was in a fight, awhile since her muscles had flexed.

She listened as he spat venom at her and her ears pinned back for a moment. There was perhaps a ounce of truth in his words but Ajattara was forever too proud to accept that perhaps she had jumped to conclusions. That she had made assumptions about this unknown world and the inhabitants that called it home. She watched quietly and then decided to ignore the question. Why would she admit that potentially she could of gotten something wrong? That was not the way she worked. Instead a devious grin crept over her pale features, "How am I to know the way this world works?" She pressed him, closing the distance between them just enough for him to be tempted to strike out again. Ajattara was baiting her enemies just like the old days when war games had little consequence.

Then again, she had so little to lose these days. Her head darted out like a viper against a mouse with fangs exposed and thirsty for the familiar metallic taste of blood. It didn't matter to her if she struck. It was an act of aggression to initiate a war she didn't care about. As quickly as she struck she made one sweeping motion with her wings to push herself backwards. She laughed and taunted him, "Why don't you step into the light, friend?" It would seem she lost her mind for a moment and cared only for some sort of interaction that made her feel alive. Her wings glinted pink in the warmth of the fading light. Lower and lower the sun was descending and Ajattara was ignorant of dangers she was provoking.

@Raziel